Special purpose radio opaque bone cement for percutaneous vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty procedures.
Excellent Mechanical Properties:
V-fix is exposed to high mechanical stress.
Mechanical properties should therefore be tested for compressive strength, bending strength andbending modulus, according to ISO 5833.The results obtained with specifics trials, are well above those required by ISO 5833.
Optimized Viscosity And Handling Phase For Vertebroplasty:
V-Fix has a long working phase, and this propriety is very important because allows to have a lot of time to do a great operation and a safer injection of cement into a vertebral body.
Handling properties are highly dependent on the temperature of both the bone cement and theoperating room.
Higher room temperatures make for a shorter working phase and a faster setting time.
V-Fix can be mixed in a closed or open vacuum system.
- Low heat generation rate allows the pain reduction without risk of a heat necrosis;
- 45 seconds of short mixing phase;
- Optimal viscosity;
- High resistance by compression strength;
- High concentration of radiocontrast agent allows a best control during operation;
- V-fix stabilizes the vertebra persistent and reduces the risk of
- new fractures.